Sunday, December 9, 2007

Introductions

My assumptions about you:

  • You want to think about how you might interact with the Gospel of Matthew in this “Year of Matthew”.
  • You are intelligent grown ups who want to take responsibility for your own learning
  • You want to be able to ask questions and make comments
  • You understand yourself as having some sort of relationship with the Christian tradition.
  • At some point, early on, you will read the Gospel right through in one sitting using the New Revised Standard Version translation. You will worry away at the text often after that.
  • You will consult some of the resources mentioned here

1 comment:

Elsa said...

I agree with all your introduction'statements. They are more than obvious facts. Honesty, I have never read the Bible (any), and I do not feel remorce for that even though I should do since I have grown whitin Catholic frame of thoughts. I am nowin College feeling the frustration coming from the lack of understanding, even if I have the best intention to read, I cannot do it because I don't know how to follow the chapters. I found you while was looking for help on Internet, and at least, I found the oportunity to introduce myself into Matthew, read and understand his saying to finally complete my assigments. Thank you.
Elsa Gordon